Writing is a valuable skill in business and the professions. Some of us need training while others need a brush-up.
My history in legal writing
- I have been studying, practicing, and teaching legal writing topics for 30 years.
- I joined the CLE BC Plain Language Project in 1990. I did consulting work for The BC Plain Language Institute. I became a member of the international group Clarity--a movement for plain legal English.
- I began teaching a legal communication course for paralegals at Vancouver Community College in the early 90s
- Groups I have trained or provided with curriculum:
- Canadian Council of Administrative Tribunals
- B.C. Ombudsman Office
- B.C. Human Rights Tribunal
- Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- C.L.E. B.C.
- Canadian Bar Association
- B.C. Housing Authority
- B.C. Paralegal Association
- Vancouver Community College Legal Assistant Certificate
- Department of Justice, Public Legal Information and Education Section
- Aviva Canada
- B.C. Notaries Association
- B.C. law firms